Mar 7, 2023
Dale's interview with Michael Fischerkeller, co-author of the
bood Cyber Persistence Theory. The first half of the interview digs
into Cyber Persistence Theory.
- Why Michael believes cyber is a new and third strategic
environment (in addition to conventional and nuclear)
- What is meant by cyber being an environment of exploitation and
- The theory's different use of initiative and why the theory
believes it is the important element to winning ("initiative rather
than restraint is necessitated")
- How a series of smaller, fait accompli, actions that are not
responded to can have a strategic-level cumulative effect
The second half of the interview looks at what the world will
look like and what asset owners should do if multiple nations
believe in and act on this Cyber Persistence Theory.
- Michael argues it already is in place and the US is late to the
- Persistence presence in critical infrastructure would not
"cross the threshold"
- How organizations will reach a cyber agreed competition
- Will this be escalatory (Michael says no)
Dale believes this is an incredibly important theory to
understand because it is taking hold in the world's major
Cyber Persistence Theory book