Jun 28, 2023
Josh Corman is the VP of Cyber Safety Strategy at Claroty, was
the Chief Strategist of the CISA COVID Task Force, and founder of I
Am The Cavalry. Josh and I dive into Healthcare Security, SBOMs and
- Can OT in healthcare be treated in a similar way as the
factory, power plant, water treatment plant, ... ?
- The first fatality due to a cyber attack on a hospital.
- Should we be focusing our efforts on reducing the impact if
ransomware hits a healthcare facility? What is the equivalent to a
steel reinforced cockpit door?
- The PATCH Act (included in the Omnibus bill passed in Dec 2022)
requiring medical device manufactures to provide a SBOM and a
patching program. What is it? What will be the impact of this?
(BTW, Josh changed my mind on this as a start to a long term
- Will the PATCH Act provisions delay approval of medical
- How accurate and complete are vendor generated SBOMs today? How
will this be solved?
- What will be the impact of SBOM mandates?
- Differing views on the importance to society of attacks and
outages in the agriculture / food industry
- I Am The Cavalry turns 10.
We will need to have Josh back for a Part 2.