Aug 18, 2021
Dave Whitehead, CEO of SEL, joins Dale on this episode. They
discuss a wide variety of topics including:
- Early memories of working with Ed Schweitzer as a young
engineer, being a CEO with the legend still there, and what SEL
when Ed Schweitzer decides to slow down.
- SEL Security Products profitability today and in the
- Dealing with customers who don't want to secure their
- SEL's high level of vertical integration including a new plant
to manufacture PCB's and its impact on supply chain security.
- Dave and Dale's initial meeting over a vulnerability disclosure
and how SEL deals with vulnerabilities today (direct disclosure to
customers, not via a CERT).
- Are SEL customers updating their software/firmware when
security issues are found?
- How does SEL decide what older products to add security
features, such as signed firmware verified on the device, to?
Dale's ICS Security: Friday News & Notes