Aug 25, 2021
Dale interviewed Edgard Capdevielle, CEO of Nozomi Networks, on
how he sees the OT Visibility and Detection market and what Nozomi
plans on doing with the $100M raised. The discussion includes:
- Why Nozomi chose another funding round rather than getting
- How Edgard believes the OT security market will segment very
differently than the IT security market did?
- What Nozomi meant in describing the round as pre-IPO. Will they
IPO in the next two years?
- What will Nozomi do with the $100M raised?
- Looking back over the last five years, what was a tremendous
surprise on the upside and what was something you thought would
happen but didn’t?
- Market timing being the most important factor in a product’s
- Actively searching for and planning for convergence, and how
convergence is a one-way street.
- What will the market look like in 3 years with percentages for
SaaS, MSSP and on-prem for this product category?
- Does Edgard believe a channel can sell and support a product in
this category in 2021? (He said yes and 80% of their business is
run through channels since 2020)
- Does Edgard think the non-pure OT plays, like Forescout,
Tenable, Cisco, etc., will be significant competitors in OT
- Does convergence with Splunk, ServiceNow and others mean the OT
security solutions like Nozomi will be of lesser value to an asset
- What is the rate and future for asset owner cloud adoption for
for Dale's ICS Security: Friday News & Notes