Mar 9, 2022
Dan Geer and Olav Lysne join Dale Peterson to discuss Cyber
Nationalism and how this will affect ICS asset owners and ICS
vendors should and will deal with increased pressure by nation
states to insert back doors and other weaknesses in ICS.
- Why would a vendor even consider cooperating with a government
asking for a special favor?
- What are some of the different levels of cooperation?
- The benefits of deniability, and what is the likely business
impact if the vendor is caught.
- How is a global vendor to deal with multiple knocks on the door
from competing 'teams'. Does the vendor need to pick a side?
- How should asset owners view a solution from a vendor coming
from a different 'team'? Should they assume there is a way the team
could compromise their system?